Saturday, August 22, 2009
Big Buck 2009
Got lucky from 72 yards this morning. Thanks to John and Doug for helping me find him and pack him out. I hit him at 6:30am and then marked blood and came home. I called John and told him what happened. He immediately came down the mountain with Doug. Three hours after I shot him we were on the blood trail ready to shoot if he jumped up. 2 or 3 miles later and an easy to follow blood trail stopped. There was about a gallon of blood in one spot and no deer. We started making circles around the area after searching for blood for almost an hour. We jumped a doe that snorted and then John and doug could hear a gruting sound above them. They knew immediately it was the buck and we went towards it. It was dead when we got to it and I yelled in my excitement. What a great buck. I just scored him today and he scores gross scores 176 7/8 and 171 4/8 net. He has a 26in. spread and his main beams are 21 5/8 and 22".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, my husband is very jealous right now. :)
That is so AWESOME!! Congrats!!!
very cool! What color sunglasses do you think he will like?? :) I love the furry rack!
Post a Comment