Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pickles???


I was lying in bed last night and a thought popped into my mind. "I really really want some pickles." Pickles?! Let me start off by saying that I HATE pickles. My whole life I have done everything in my power to avoid eating pickles. I pick them out of my food and have never even purchased them at the grocery store. So I guess my question is, why pickles? This pregnancy is doing crazy stuff to my body.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

That's funny! I love pickles. Reading your post made me want one too! I crave a lot of things at night, too. Maybe that's a sign that you're getting better! Hope you are feeling good.

Kurt and Megan said...

Hey Stephanie!
Congrats on the baby. We found your blog off of Kasey and Bryans. I hope you are doing better! I made your loaded Mashed potatoes recipe yesterday for mothers day. They were delicious!
The von Niederhausern's

The Bryger Family said...

Pickles are fabulous! I made bry buy me a HUGE jar from Sam's club earlier in my pregnancy. They were fantastic. The body does strange things when you are pregnant!

Love ya tons!
Kasey

The Bryger Family said...

Also, I googled the benefit of pickles and here is what I got:

It's low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It's also a good source of Iron and Vitamin A, not to mention Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fibre, Vitamin K and Calcium.

So there you go.. at least your not craving dirt.. there are women out there that have dirt as a craving. :)

Kasey :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your feeling better! Look what you've gone through- you are going to be an amazing mamma! ;) And you're having a boy- how exciting, congrats girly!

jon and whit said...

oh man i can't wait to be pregnant - i LOVE pickles!! congrats on the boy! he's gonna be a major stud after all you guys have been through!! you're the woman!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Well hey, that's great that you can eat one now and keep it down...right? I personally love pickles but have never had a crazy pregnancy craving.

Stephanie said...

actually...i cant! I'm not on foods yet, so its just ice chips for me :(

Tuesdee said...

Steph, that is so funny about the crazings! I NEVER craved pickles with any of my kids.

Britanee - strawberries
Kassidee - anything BBQ & oranges
McKadee - strawberries and banana bread
Zoee - garlic bread

CRAZY!! Congratulations on the little Boy.
We will continue to pray for you and maybe in a couple days... weeks... you can have your pickle!
Love ya!!