Saturday, January 26, 2008

Whats New

We haven't posted recently because ours lives are dull. We have no children, all our friends moved away after graduation, and no one ever comes to visit us. Here is what we have been up to....
1. Scott is on a church basketball team. What makes me laugh is how serious our men take it! They practice every Thursday night from 830pm-1200am. (Do these men not have jobs in the morning?) Then they hold a tournament every Saturday morning from 8-12. They even gave Scott another calling as a ref. The winners of the final tournament get to go to "regionals" down in Ogden and play all the men from that area.
2. Our church building flooded yet again and our church is now held in a suprise building which location isn't revealed until 730am Sunday morning each week. (not fun) We haven't been able to teach nursery and it makes us miss our kids.
3. I interviewed for two salon jobs today. Both of which I did not get. There are too many stylists and too many salons in the valley. Everything is saturated. Stylists one by one are having to get different jobs because there are not enough positions available. Unless you know someone who knows someone, you are unemployable. Needless to say, next week I will be starting as a substitute teacher for the Cache Valley School District.

7 comments:

Camille Phillips said...

So sorry about the church building...that has to stink! Of course our church starts at 8:30 AM.. so I guess that isn't much better.

You will have fun substituting. Elliott was a sub for a few months when we lived in St. George. He always had fun stories to tell.

BRYGER said...

I resent the comment about friends not visiting you. I feel like I am owed an apology.

Lindsay said...

I was so happy to hear from you guys. We were wondering why you hadnt posted in a while. If you do come down to Ogden for b-ball give us a call!! We could go out to dinner or something. I hope you have fun subbing. We should come up one weekend or you guys could drive down, to do something. It is only an hour. Lets plan it!!

Jamie said...

good luck teaching! and the reason we don't come visit is because you live in logan...remember?! love you!

The Bryger Family said...

I miss the days when we would go and watch our husbands play b-ball together. I am glad bry and I, your friends, were able to come and hang out with you guys when we came and visited! We miss you guys tons! I wish we could move back to Logan.

Kasey

Anonymous said...

i can't believe that, i'm sorry sorry about the whole no job thing!! that is weird! i'll pay you to do my hair in my kitchen if you want! but have fun subbing that will be entertaining!!

Elliott Phillips said...

Tell Scott HUGE Congratulations for making the Church Ball Team - WOW!

...wait a minute, doesn't EVERYONE make the Church Ball Team?! Tell him they'll boot him for cussing though.

- addaboy Scotty!