Friday, November 7, 2008

The Worst Product Ever

Casen has some trouble nursing, so I pump and feed him with a bottle. The package for Gerber's NUK bottle listed lots of promising features. Slow flow, air vent, colic reducer, unique shape, orthodontic support etc. Being the sucker that I am, I fell for the clever advertising and bought the bottle. Bad idea. Casen nearly drowned from the rapid milk river that was pouring into his mouth. No sucking required. He was very gassy, (I'm talking adult sized stinkers), and he threw up for an hour after the feeding! NUK sucks.

2 comments:

Markell said...

Went Kaydence does get a bottle we use playtex nursers. she likes them and hasn't had any problems switching back and forth from them to mom! And they have disposable bags so a little less clean up & it makes me feel like it's a little more sanitary. who knows? There is my mommy tid bit

*Aspen* said...

Ah bummer! Poor baby. I don't know if this helps, but when my little one had a tough time (I tried a thousand bottles and got puked on a lot until I figured out something that worked!) I finally got fed up and bought a regular small nippled bottle and took a large needle and just poked it in and moved it in circles until it was the perfect size.