The last two weeks I developed sores in my throat. The only way for them to heal is to pull the tube and give my throat a break. So we pulled my tube last night and I get to keep it out until Monday. I'm tube free for the weekend! Scott should take me on a hot date. If by some miracle I am able to eat meals by Monday, I can leave the tube out. Cross your fingers!
Right before I removed my lifeline.
I wasn't paying attention to the camera, so these are my actual facial expressions. Thank you Scott for playing photographer instead of making sure I didn't choke.
Showing off my prize.
And my nose is free at last!
7 comments:
YIPPEE!!! We are so happy for you! Your nose looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Hopefully you can be cord free for awhile.
First off - this post should never be allowed on the web.
That said - it reminds me of those 'icicles' you put on the christmas tree - you know the ones - long and silver like tinsel - yeah, we used to snort them all the time and then pull them out...can you say GRODY?
Speaking of snorting - Cami says to NEVER snort crushed up smarties - they aren't any fun and they burn like He!!...
Great post, and awesome facial expressions, Scott really caught the essence of a feeding tube removal... and might I say HOLY GEEZ that thing is long, I don't think I would have felt comfortable pulling that out by myself. You are one brave cookie.
Also, You look fabulous! Miss ya!
Kasey
CONGRATS!!! This is great news! I hope you can keep real food down!
I should have heeded to your warning. That is so gross. It reminging me of the time that I broke my nose and had to get splints put up there. Taking them out was NOT plesant. I bet you are glad to have it out though. AND scott should take you on a date and take you shopping. Isn't that what husbands are supposed to do after a tube is removed from their wife's nose?
that IS really gross but YAY for you!!!
Those picture totally grossed me out, but I am so happy that you were finally able to take that out!! YEAH!! You look great! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment